Marker Kingpin 13 Bindings
The innovative Kingpin has earned its stripes as the performance standard in PinTech AT binding technology. The Marker Kingpin 13 has Sixpack Power Springs which deliver boosts of energy with every gliding step. The XXL Power Transmitter is a revolutionary heel construction that uses widely placed contact points which holds the boot on its outermost edge, eliminating wobble in turn initiations. The Marker Kingpin 13 is fully ISO 13992 compliant and has a DIN of 6-13, which allows alpine touring skiers a binding that is light enough for long days with the reliable performance of a solid alpine binding for the freeride of your life.
The innovative Marker Kingpin 13 Binding redefines the performance standard in PinTech AT binding technology.
With DIN/ISO 13992-2007 certification from Germany’s prestigious TUV testing organization, its unique design and new toe and hell pieces are the culmination of years of R&D testing including over one million vertical feet on snow. The new leader for ease of use DIN/ISO certified release function, and unbeatable power transmission.
Kingpin toe piece
The PinTech toe piece for the MARKER KINGPIN. Extraordinary in design, innovative in its technical execution. The highlights include the Sixpack springs for powerful grip of the boot these toe pieces are unlike anything that’s come before (six springs instead of four). An integrated crampon adapter is naturally also part of the standard version
Unbeaten power transmission
On the KINGPIN the contact points in the heel piece are positioned as widely as possible, as are the screws on the toe piece. At 38 mm, the heel piece mechanism is also unusually wide. This provides noticeably better leverage and supports power transmission to the edges. As such the KINGPIN maintains maximum control and perfect reliability in all situations
Good climbing aids have one thing in common: Whatever the situation, they can be operated by feel, even when the skier can’t see them clearly. Simplicity is a virtue here, and reduced exertion is even better. The KINGPIN wins hearts and minds through two integrated climbing aids (7 and 13) that are easily deployed or stowed using the basket of the pole. They can also be operated conveniently using the tip of the pole, allowing them to work with any basket style. Because the climbing aids are positioned in the upper center of the heel piece, they are always easy to reach.
The refined locking/unlocking procedure for the heel piece is part of the binding’s charm. Simply flip a lever, push down on the heel and you’re good to go. The mechanism works with guaranteed reliability even in critical situations and challenging descents.
Self-evidently there are highly functional crampons for the new KINGPIN. They are specially light and are easily slides in sideways of the toe piece without having to step out of the binding. They provide optimal grip on icy or hard-packed underground and produce hardly any friction on the feed-foreward. There are three different widths at choice: 90, 105 and 120mm.
Ease of use, DIN/ISO certified release function, and best of all, unbeatable power transmission while on the descent mean that you’ve never had a day in the backcountry like the ones you’ll have on the Kingpin.
Sixpack Power Springs
– Greater energy absorption and contact pressure
– Powerful grip of the boot
– Six high-performance steel springs instead of the conventional four
– Higher spring compression
– Tremendously simple step-in individually adjustable stop points position boot properly.
Wide drill pattern
– As wide as possible positioned mounting screws
– (38mm) ensure optimal power transmission
– Carbon rails
– Hot forged aluminum parts
– Including screws and brake 730 g/pcs.
– Including screws w/o brake 650 g/pcs.
Integrated crampon adapter
– TUV-certified based on the recent DIN ISO 13992:2007
– Compatible with all touring ski boots featuring PinTech inserts and satisfying DIN ISO Norm 9523
– Pole basket independent
– Very easy to reach and to adjust
XXL Power Transmitter
– The heel construction is a revolution for any PinTech binding
– Super wide and far apart contact points hold the boot heel along a broad surface on outermost edge
– Highly direct power transmission to the ski
– Locks automatically in walking mode
– Re-engages immediately when heel is switched back to ski mode
– Brake retracts upon step in – no overhang over the ski
– Can be removed to ski with a leash
Brake widths available: 100mm, 125mm
item: 7933S1.MAZ, 7933S1.MBZ